Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Loss

Sleeping with the light on to keep the shadows of the memories at bay

The shadows pressing in all around; I cover my ears and weep

Weep for the beauty of joy that once was.
Weep for the fragrance of laughter gone.

The light holds the sadness away, the depth of thought a little lighter

The depth of the sadness drowning in sorrow; I cover my eyes and scream

Scream for the loss of the joy that once was
Scream for the hollow feeling consuming

Sleeping with the light on to keep the jumble of hurt thoughts hidden

The jumble of overwhelming pain; I cover my mouth and sob

Sob with the overwhelming loss of what might have been
Sob with the grief that consumes passion

The light hides the sadness in the shadows of the room

The shadow consumes the feral power of loss


© Dawn C. Davis ~ 2012
Photo - Internet find

No comments:

Post a Comment