Thursday, February 16, 2012

It Is...



Sometimes the ache is so acute I see no way to continue on.
The touch of his hand on my heart like the barest brush of a butterfly’s wing;
So beautiful, so profound.

It confuses and confounds
It exhilarates and invigorates
It builds me up and crashes me down

I get lost in the dark of his passion, the passion that is my light.
Sometimes I think that running away is the only thing I can do to keep from getting lost;
But with his touch I am home.

It is passion and longing
It is love and delight
It builds me up and crashes me down

How do I reconcile the yearning and the ache deep inside.
The only thing I can do is let him be who he is, support him, be his mirror, his gift;
Be true to myself with my love.

It is courage and fear
It is longing and desire
It builds me up and crashes me down

I have all that I need deep inside of me for he has shown me this truth.
His dark, his light, his passion, his truth, his touch that leads me through the maze of myself;
Bringing me to my truth.

It is home and rest
It is healing and respite
It builds me up………………

Like a wave I crash on the rocks of love.

© Dawn C. Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment