Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gratitude

I am thankful for all the relationships I have ever had, even the difficult one’s and the one’s that ended badly for without them I would not have had the experiences that have made me who and what I am.

I am thankful for rich dark coffee with raw sugar and whipping cream. 

I am thankful for the smell of leather.

I am thankful for the intimate times with partners, smelling and nuzzling the soft spot behind their ears, enjoying and sharing sacred and beautiful gifts together.

I am thankful to be allowed the freedom to be who I am.

I am thankful for the yummy chicken salad from my favorite deli.

I am thankful for chocolate.

I am thankful for the love of family and friends, for being able to celebrate both light times and dark times with them.

I am thankful for cold hard steel.

I am thankful for mud and memories and the desire to create new ones.

I am thankful for peaceful quiet in the alone times.

I am thankful for the sweet ambrosia of times with friends, sharing secrets, living, loving, and laughing.

I am thankful that I have been blessed with creativity.

I am thankful that I am able to self-reflect on who I am and who I want to be.

I am thankful for my totem, the mighty eagle. who gives me the strength to keep moving forward no matter how hard it is some days.

I am thankful for all the people that I have not met yet but will at some point in my life and what we will share with one another.

I am thankful for the smell of the woods, a rushing stream, the beauty of a field, and the sun, wind, and rain that keep them all nurtured and growing.

I am thankful for open honesty.

I am thankful for my words, my vision, my relationship with my goddess…my muse.

I am thankful that I get to be who I am.

© Dawn C. Davis ~ 2012

6 comments:

  1. "I am thankful for all the people that I have not met yet but will at some point in my life and what we will share with one another."

    Good Evening Dawn...

    Are you a member of the "Sisters of Babalon" ?


    Simple question...signed

    Imhotep ank fn Ptah Ptahotep Shemsu Hor 9°=2° Magus of the Dawn



    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple question but not one that has a simple answer.

    If there is an "organization" known as Sisters of Babalon, then I must answer in the negative and say that I am unfamiliar with such.

    What I can admit to is a deep connection with Babalon and a calling that ignites my soul and causes me to study her and do as much as I may as she guides me on this path of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm! Good evening... My lady Dawn...Second question...

    Your knowledge of high magick is what?

    More words...

    Your will, your intensity, your desire, your deep use of the feminine, That is the reason I am present. Understand I am not a "Sir"...Your body, your sexually, your submission, are nothing ...I am your karma... I am the Magus of the Dawn...The lady Babalon is My Mother, my Daughter, my wife, and my lover,...She stands by my side incarnate upon the planet Earth...She is the moonchild...Mistress of the temple... She is Semsu Hor

    Inquire further my lady....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This response will require more time to compose than I have at the moment. Please know that I will respond more fully as I am able over the next few days.

    The simple answer of my knowledge of high magick is that I have been a student of hermetics and qabalah for quite a number of years (almost 20 now). I am currently on sabbatical from a "magical" organization, which in the course of my initiatory work is where I was introduced to Babalon. I opted to go on sabbatical so that I would have the time necessary to more fully explore my calling in service to her. There are things about that I would prefer to not go into further in this "public" place as it would be inappropriate.

    Babalon is my guide, my light, my dark, my goddess, the stars in my eyes...

    I will respond more as I am able...Your comments have me intrigued, questioning, longing...

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening my lady Dawn...Take all the time you need...Of course "nothing inappropriate" in public. Ask questions -O)


    ReplyDelete
  6. Good evening Magus...I should inform you that all comments on this blog are filtered and only posted if I approve them (cuts down on the "spam"). Should you prefer a comment be private to me, all you need do is tell me so and I will keep it that way. My comments in response, on the other hand, are always published because I am the blog's author. No filter for me, therefore I must be circumspect in my replies because it is so public.

    I have many questions but I will start with a "simple" one. May I contact you privately?

    ReplyDelete