Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mount Rainier

I grew up in the shadow of your majesty 
I was in awe of your splendor 
I have been humbled by your power 

I rejoiced in the folds of your meadows 
I shivered in the embrace of your glaciers 
I laughed at the joy of your vision 

I have beheld you in all hours of the day and night 
I have seen you in dark silhouette against a pink sky 
I have seen you glorious in the bright light of the sun 
I have seen you hiding in the wonders of the clouds and 
I have watched the moon rise above your glory 

You are ancient and quiet 
You are wise and peaceful 
You have power and the depth of unending eruptions within you 

You compel the wish to conquer by your very existence 
You evoke dreams of longing and passion in your shadows 
You came into existence millennia ago and support beautiful life all around you 

You are grace and beauty beyond compare 
There may be others bigger, brighter, more difficult to scale 
But you are the inspiration I grew up with and 
You will always be what I look for on the horizon. 


© Dawn C. Davis ~ 2012
Internet image

No comments:

Post a Comment