Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Unpack


Come in, let me take your coat, you're going to be here a while.
You have baggage? No worries, let me help you unpack.
Ah, you're ashamed of what you're carrying around.
That's okay, we all have some of that.
Let's unpack it now and get it out of the way.
No, no, you don't get to hide. I won't allow that.
You won't have any secrets from me.
Shh, shh, shh, it's alright. I'm here.
I'll hold you close. I'll protect you.
You have monsters? That's okay. You'll meet mine too.
Oh, that doesn't scare you?
Well, we'll see how that goes.
Now, lets get to that baggage.
I'm not letting you go, you know.
Trust that.
I can't promise that there won't be pain.
We're living after all.
But I will never intentionally harm you.
Oh, you trust that already.
Good girl...now lets get to that baggage.
I'll hold you tight while you unpack.


Writing © Dawn C. Davis ~ 2013
Image © Dawn C. Davis ~ 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment