Friday, February 8, 2013

My Wolf

I met you in a dream.

Coming to me across a narrow wooded path, you and your brother. I knew that you were for me and I was to choose between you. I saw your brother but my eyes never left yours. You are the deepest grey and brindle of the large timber wolf with a beautiful ruff of silver. Your eyes the penetrating yellow of the wild beast you are. Your gaze never left mine as you stood there and I sank to my knees before you. We stayed like that for what seemed an eternity, drowning in each others eyes. Slowly my hands reached up and buried themselves in the thick ruff of your neck fur, and you closed your eyes. I leaned forward and added the weight of my face to the ruff where my hands were buried, breathing deep the scent of you.

We became one in that moment and I heard your voice in my head, "Ukiah, Little Bird," and I knew this was your name and you recognized and accorded reverence to my eagle totem. You entered my soul that day, always to reside with me, standing beside my Eagle, the predators that make me strong and willful, intelligent and free...but willing to submit to the the Other, the One who is strong enough to Dominate us.

That has been few and far between, that dominance. We are strong. When we find it, when the chemistry is right, we kneel, we pant, we growl, we yearn to please, yet protect.

You came to me when I started to explore this deeper, darker aspect of myself, when I started to explore how pleasurable pain could be, to discover the erotic connections of submission. When I find that Other and kneel before Him, you come to the surface. If He connects with the animal essence that is within me, you growl with pleasure. You groan and strain with the need to be taken, the need to be dominated; the bite on the neck holding me still and in place. You fight so briefly to see if He, the Other, is worthy of our strength and when He is, we melt and you give me the strength needed to go deep, to please Him and in this way you help my Eagle to fly free in the moment of ultimate release; to soar above the earth and take Him with me to experience that ultimate goal of becoming one with Deity, to sing with angels, to howl with the joy of coming home.


© Dawn C. Davis ~ 2013
Image ~ Source unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment