Saturday, January 7, 2012

Anais Nin



“And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”

“People living deeply have no fear of death.”

“The secret of joy is the mastery of pain.”

“I postpone death by living, by suffering, by error, by risking, by giving, by losing.”

“Our love of each other was like two long shadows kissing without hope of reality.”

“What can I do with my happiness? How can I keep it, conceal it, bury it where I may never lose it? I want to kneel as it falls over me like rain, gather it up with lace and silk, and press it over myself again.”
Henry & June

“The truly faithless one is the one who makes love to only a fraction of you. And denies the rest.”

“I will always be the virgin-prostitute, the perverse angel, the two-faced sinister and saintly woman.”

“To think of him in the middle of the day lifts me out of ordinary living.”
The Diary of Anaïs Nin, Vol. 1: 1931-1934

“I reserve the right to love many different people at once, and to change my prince often.”

“Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age.”

“Only the united beat of sex and heart together can create ecstasy.”


1 comment: